May 7, 2011

The Story of the Ya-sin People

The Story of the Ya-sin People

Ibn Kathir

All that we know about these people is what Allah Almighty has told us in the Glorious Quran: Put forward to them a similitude the (story of ) the dwellers of the town, (it is said that the town was Antioch, Antakiya), when there came Messengers to them. When We sent them two Messengers, they belied them both, so We reinforced them with a third and they said: "Verily! We have been sent to you as Messengers." They (people of the town) said: "You are only human beings like ourselves and the Most Beneficent (Allah) has revealed nothing, you are only telling lies." The Messengers said: "Our Lord knows that we have been sent as Messengers to you, our duty is only to convey plainly (the Message)." The people said: "For us we see an evil omen from you, if you cease not we will surely stone you and a painful torment will touch you from us." The Messengers said: "Your evil omens be with you! (Do you call it "evil omen") because you are admonished? Nay but you are a people Musrifun (transgressing all bounds by committing all kinds of great sins, and by disobeying Allah)." And there came running from the farthest part of the town, a man saying: "O my people! Obey the Messengers obey those who ask no wagers of you (for themselves) and who are rightly guided. Why should I not worship Him (Allah Alone) Who has created me and to Whom you shall be returned. Shall I take besides Him aliah (gods) if the Most Beneficent (Allah) intends me any harm, their intercession will be of no use whatsoever, nor can they save me? Then verily, I should be in plain error. Verily! I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me!" It was said (to him when the disbelievers killed him): "Enter Paradise." He said: "Would that my people knew! That my Lord (Allah) has forgive me, and made me of the honored ones!" We sent not against his people after him a host from heaven nor do We send (such a thing). IT was but one shout and lo! They (all) were silent (dead destroyed). Alas for mankind! There never came a Messenger to them but they used to mock at him. Do they not see how many of the generations We have destroyed before them? Verily, they will not return to them. (Ch 36:13-31 Quran).

No comments:

Popular Posts

My Blog List