Science Of HadithHadith is next important source of Islamic Law after the Qur'an. It is widely observed that many Muslims (as well as non-Muslims) are unaware of how the ahadith (pl.) are studied and classified into various categories. In this section we would briefly discuss the sciences of hadith that leads to their classification into various grades of authenticity.
An Introduction To The Science Of Hadith, by Suhaib Hasan. This article is taken from USC Muslim Students Association Islamic Server.
Some commonly-quoted ahadith [Be sure to look at the appendix below! -Ed. note]
The Classification Of Hadith
- According to the reference to a particular authority
- According to the links in the isnad
- According to the number of reporters in each stage of the isnad
- According to the manner in which the hadith is reported
- According to the nature of the text and isnad
- According to a hidden defect found in the isnad or text of a hadith
- According to the reliability and memory of the reporters
The Science Of Hadith (A Brief Introduction). This article is taken from USC Muslim Students Association Islamic Server.